You must have Medicare Part B coverage or other qualifying PPO insurance (ABSOLUTELY NO HMO's) and have one or more qualifying medical condition(s).
Some examples of potentially qualifying conditions are:
Stroke, CHF, COPD, DJD, Diabetic Neuropathy, Renal Failure, MS, CAD, ASCVD, Parkinson's, Spinal Stenosis, PVD, BKA, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, and/or other disabling diseases*
You must also have weakness in upper extremity due to musculoskeletal, neuromuscular or cardio-pulmonary disease. You should be unable to self-propel in a manual wheelchair and require the use of motorized wheelchair in your residence. Finally, you should be able to safely operate and control a motorized wheelchair.
How can I order one?
Once medical necessity has been established by your attending physician, we will arrange to deliver your power wheelchair and provide you with detailed instruction.
Will it cost me anything?
Medicare covers 80%. The remaining 20% is usually covered by co-insurance. In most cases, the power wheelchair is provided to you with no out of pocket cost!
* Please call for a complete list